Watervliet Middle School
Watervliet Middle School
Weekly Announcements for the Week of May 17, 2021
Watervliet Middle School 269-463-0780 www.watervlietps.org
- NWEA Testing -
- Math test on Thursday at 9:00. Makeup day is Monday May 24.
- MSTEP Testing -
- Last make-up day: Tuesday, May 18 for any student who has taken at least one part of the test. If you have not taken any part yet, you will not have to make up the test.
- CHROMEBOOK RETURN -
- Option A during 1st hour on June 7
- Option B and C in the WMS Lobby on June 8 from 1pm-6pm
- SUMMER SCHOOL: Any student may attend summer school. Students can fill out the summer school registration Form. Any WMS student may attend summer school. Please return the form to the WMS office by Friday, May 14.
- If your student is virtual - please check their grades. We have several missing assignments. If you are not sure how to access grades, feel free to email teachers for help. Failing students SHOULD be meeting with teachers on Wednesday afternoons.
- Our Spring Band Concert will be a recorded virtual concert and awards ceremony this year. Please click here for more information.
7th Grade Announcements:
- Please make sure students are charging Chromebooks at home each night.
- Many students are in need of pencils. Please check to make sure your student has enough to last until the end of the school year.
- Language Arts: Students need to return their copies of Woodsong and Freak the Mighty. Please check PowerSchool to see if your student has returned them. Option A students may return them during class time to Mrs. Henderson. Option B students may drop them off to the middle school during office hours.
- Option B Virtual Schedule
- Wednesdays: Use the Google Meet Link in your teacher’s class for your hour.
- 2nd Hour: 9:30-10:00
- 3rd Hour: 10:00-10:30
- 4th Hour: 10:30-11:00
- 5th Hour: 11:00-11:30
- Remember these are MANDATORY for OPTION B students only.
- Daily Office Hours from 8:00-8:30
- Monday: Mrs. Henderson
- Tuesday: Coach O
- Thursday: Mrs. Zuniga
- Friday: Mrs. Steadman
- These meetings are OPTIONAL. Please use the Option B Google Classroom link: https://meet.google.com/lookup/cpqwbl7qx6?authuser=0&hs=179
8th Grade Announcements:
- On Friday, May 21st, ALL 8th graders will spend the morning at the HS, meeting teachers, learning about expectations, and touring the building. Students will eat lunch at the HS and return to the MS about midday. Option B and Option C students are invited and encouraged to participate in this event if at all possible and should check into the MS by 9:00 AM on Friday, May 21st.
- On Wednesday, May 26th, a parent orientation to the HS will take place virtually at 6 pm using the link below. All 8th grade parents are invited to join us to get this very important information for a successful 9th grade year. meet.google.com/gxf-oibr-pvj
May 18 MSTEP Make-up
May 20 NWEA Testing
May 27 NWEA Make-up
May 31 Memorial Day - No School
June 7 Option A Students turn in Chromebook and Charger during 1st hour
June 8 Option B and C students turn in Chromebook and Charger at the lobby between 1pm to 6pm
June 7-8 Exams - Half-Days of SchoolJune 9 Virtual Day