Watervliet Middle School
Watervliet Middle School
Weekly Announcements for the Week of February 15, 2021
Watervliet Middle School 269-463-0780 www.watervlietps.org
To All Students and Parents
This was sent to all students this week. We are having some students not following school rules. We appreciate the effort from our students so far this year. I know it is difficult with masks and the additional protocols for school in a weird year. Please remind your student to continue to adhere to our rules. Thank you
- Hats and Hoods are not to be worn in the building at anytime. When you enter the building you must remove your hat or hood from your head
- Masks are to cover your nose and mouth at all times unless sitting and eating or drinking. Masks are not to be off while walking around.
- Food and drink should be consumed while sitting in your classroom or in the cafeteria. Food and drink should only be breakfast. Students should not be eating in class at other times.
- Food and drink should not be eaten or drunk while walking around. This includes in the classroom, hallway or cafeteria. Your mask should only be off if you are sitting and eating. No eating while up moving around.
- Cell phones are not to be used in the hallway or at your locker. Cell phones should be placed in your locker at the beginning of the day and remain there until the end of the day. Teachers may allow you to use your phone in the classroom. You may use your cellphone during lunch.
- Students may enter the building at 8:45. Go directly to class after grabbing your breakfast.
- Students need to charge their chromebooks at home each evening.
- Students may bring a water bottle to school to drink from in class. There are bottle fillers in the hallways.
- Before and after school wear your mask and keep your hands to yourself while outside.
- Addition of Half-Day of School: Tuesday, February 16 and Friday, March 19 are now half-day of school. Students will be released from school at 12:00.
- HOPE Resources Located in downtown Coloma, Michigan at 262 North Paw Paw Street. Here to serve those in need who live in the Coloma, Watervliet, Riverside and Hagar #6 School Districts. Flier 1, Flier 2
- Yearbook: We are in need of photo submissions for the 20-21 yearbook. Please email any school appropriate photos that you want to have considered for the 20-21 yearbook to Mrs. Staffen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Option B and C Students - Sports
- Girls who are interested in Basketball and anyone interested in Wrestling please email Mr. Armstrong and he will put your name on the sign up list. Practices begin Monday, February 22.
- Option B - 6th grade science packets for the next unit will be available in the office for pick up on Monday.
- If your child is a virtual student, please make sure they are on their Wednesday google meet promptly at 9 am.
- Wednesday afternoon meetings are also available.
- 2nd hour at 1 pm
- 3rd hour at 1:30
- 4th hour at 2 pm
- 6th hour at 2:30
- Please check your child's supplies. Many students have run out of pencils.
- Please remember to check your child's grade every week.
- We are in need of photos for the 2020-2021 yearbook. Please send any school related photos to email@example.com. Ordering information will be available soon for the 2020-2021 yearbook.
- We have several 2019-2020 yearbooks leftover. If you are interested in purchasing the 2019-2020 yearbook (last year's yearbook), you can contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or send $5.00 in with your student to purchase one before or after school.
7th Grade Announcements:
- Scholastic Book Club orders due to Mrs. Henderson by Thursday, February 25. Flyers available in Mrs. Henderson’s room or online here: Digital Flyers. Students may bring in cash or parents may order online here: Order Online
- Seventh grade students’ Me Projects are due Monday, March 22. These projects are to be completed at home. Additional information about the projects can be found here: Me Project Outline 2021. Email Mrs. Conkin or Mrs. Henderson if you have any questions.
- Please take a moment to help us update our contact information: 7th Grade Student Contact Information
- Option B Virtual Schedule
- Wednesdays: Use the Google Meet Link in your teacher’s class for your hour.
- 2nd Hour: 9:30-10:00
- 3rd Hour: 10:00-10:30
- 4th Hour: 10:30-11:00
- 5th Hour: 11:00-11:30
- Remember these are MANDATORY for OPTION B students only.
- Daily Office Hours from 8:00-8:30
- Monday: Mrs. Henderson
- Tuesday: Coach O
- Thursday: Mrs. Zuniga
- Friday: Mrs. Steadman
- These meetings are OPTIONAL. Please use the Option B Google Classroom link: https://meet.google.com/lookup/cpqwbl7qx6?authuser=0&hs=179
- The 8th grade Panthers hosted Saugatuck last night and lost a hard fought battle 21 -15. The panthers struggled all night hitting their shots on the offensive end but the defensive end held the game tight to the end. The Panthers traveled to Lawton on Wednesday night and came away with a win against a good blue devils team. The Panthers used some up tempo pressure and pressed the second half to pull away with the win 33 - 18. The team had 8 different players reaching the scoring column led by Jacob Pleyers 9 pts and Owen Epples 8 pts. The Panthers will host Comstock next Tuesday night at home.
- The 7th grade basketball team took on the Saugatuck Indians last night. The Panthers played lockdown defense, only giving up 5 points the entire game. Their tenacity and determination carried over to offense to help them secure their second win of the season. There were 9 panthers who scored on the night. JD Zuniga scored his first points in his basketball career last night. Nice Job Panthers!
February 16 Half Day of School
February 16 Boys Basketball - Home
February 17 7th Boys Basketball - at Coloma 4:15
February 19 Half day of School
February 22-23 Mid-Winter Break - No School
March 4 Wrestling - at Fennville
March 4 Girls Basketball - at Comstock
March 8 Girls Basketball - at Saugatuck
March 10 Two Hour Early Release
March 10 Girls Basketball - Home
March 11 Wrestling - Galesburg Augusta
March 15 Girls Basketball - Home
March 17 Girls Basketball - Home
March 18 Wrestling - at Lawton
March 19 Half Day of School (new addition)
March 22 Girls Basketball - At Coloma
March 25 Wrestling - Home
March 26 End of 3rd Marking Period
April 1 Half Day of School
April 2 No School
April 5-9 Spring Break