Watervliet Middle School
Watervliet Middle School
Weekly Announcements for the Week of September 28, 2020
Watervliet Middle School 269-463-0780 www.watervlietps.org
Chromebooks: All students who turned in their technology agreement form were issued Chromebooks from WMS. The chromebooks are new, your student is the first user. For the student to receive their chromebook you and your child had to fill out and sign the tech agreement which can be found in the WMS Tech Manual you received in your beginning of year packet. For those of you who did not receive a chromebook you can pick up a manual in the office or print it from here. Please read the manual with your child and fill out the last page and return it to the office. Students should not be putting stickers or anything else on their chromebook. All Chromebooks will be returned at the end of the school year. STUDENTS NEED TO CHARGE CHROMEBOOKS AT HOME.
- No guests for visitors are allowed in the office. Someone will meet you at the door if you need to drop anything off or pick up a child.
- The MS Lory's Place grief group will begin in October and will meet once a month. Any option A student that is interested in joining see Mrs. Conkin for a parent permission form.
- The water fountains are off limits this year, however, we do have bottle filler stations students may use to fill up a water bottle. Students may bring their own water bottles. No glass bottles are allowed.
- If your child is behind on their immunizations, they need to be current or turn in a waiver. Call the WMS office to get more info.
- If you or someone you know needs a COVID 19 test please read this document for locations and information COVID Testing
- Parent Brochure for Covid information: Brochure
7th Grade Announcements:
- Option A students may order from Scholastic Book Clubs at the following link: Mrs. Henderson's Online Scholastic Book Club. Here is a link to the flyers: Scholastic Flyers. At this point, Option B students may not order from Scholastic as the books are delivered to the school.
6th grade Announcements
- For Virtual Students: Your child has at least a once a week required google meet with each teacher. This link connects for Math, Science, Social Studies and ELA https://meet.google.com/lookup/eiceupbzuh Please check your students grades each week. When emailing teachers, please include what hour your student has that class.
- Scholastic Book orders are due Tuesday, Sep 29th. You can send a check made out to: Scholastic Book Clubs or you can order online at: scholastic.com/bookclubs. Enter class code PM7PZ. This is a great opportunity to find books your students will enjoy for their daily reading time in Advisory since we cannot use the school library at this time.
- The band fundraiser is running now until September 30th. For more information, click here.
- The Boy's Soccer Team opened their season at Panther Stadium, losing a hard fought game to a tough Fennville squad 4-0. Luke Isbrect played an outstanding game in goal making 16 saves on 20 shots on net. JD Zuniga played an equally outstanding game on defence, midfield, and forward with several take aways. In all, the boy's frustrated a very well disciplined Fennville team, and had several opportunities all night.
- The WMS Football team defeated Buchanon 48-8.
- The Middle School Soccer Team traveled to Hartford last night, but lost a hard fought match 7-0. Watervliet had their chances during the course of the game, led by goalkeeper Luke Isbrect with 19 saves on the night. JD Zuniga and Yanal Nava frustrated Hartfords forwards with several takeaways throughout the night. Jacob Shunkwiler played an excellent game on both defence and offence. The team plays Lawton at home on Monday evening.
- Rules for Sporting events:
- EVERYONE participating at sporting events (except officials) MUST wear a mask!! This includes spectators.
- SPECTATORS entering a contest MUST have a ticket. Our athletic department will distribute tickets to each coach at least two days prior to your event. (home or away) and it is the responsibility of each coach to get the tickets to each player, and then it is the players responsibility to get the tickets to whomever they choose. YOU MUST HAVE A TICKET to attend.
- Some schools will charge admission, some may not. This is a choice each school will make.
- Concession stands will be limited to outside venues. Pre Packed food is the menu. Watervliet Middle School Will not have Concessions at games.
- Parents please bring correct change when paying at the gate.
- As always, if you have any questions or concerns, PLEASE call Mr. Dietz at 463-0758 and we will do our best to help. Thanks again for your cooperation.
September 28 Volleyball at Coloma
September 28 Volleyball at South Haven
September 29 Cross Country at Coloma
September 30 Volleyball at home 5:00
September 30 Football at home 5:30
October 2 Mid-Marking Period grades
October 3 7th Volleyball at Coloma
October 5 Volleyball at Saugatuck
October 6 Cross Country at Kalamazoo Christian (at KC Elementary)
October 7 2 hour Early Release
October 7 Football at Constantine
October 12 Volleyball at Home
October 14 Volleyball at Home
October 14 Football at Home
October 17 Volleyball at Coloma
October 19 Volleyball at Coloma
October 21 Football at Home
October 22 Parent Teacher Conferences 5-8
October 23 Half-Day of schools- Dismissal at 12:00
October 30 End of First Marking Period
November 11 2 Hour Early Release
November 25 Half Day of School. Dismissal
November 26-27 Thanksgiving Break - No School
December 4 Mid-Marking Period grades
December 9 2 hour Early Release
December 18 Half-Day of School
December 21-January 1 No School
January 4 Return to School
January 18 MLK Day - Half Day of SchoolJanuary 20-22 Half Day of School - Exams