COVID-19 Tracking Dashboard
Click Here to See the Dashboard
Click Here for the Weekly BCHD Update - Week Ending 9/19/2020
The trend of Covid-19 (COVID) cases or positive tests, hospitalizations due to COVID; and the number of deaths resulting from COVID in the past 14-day period.
- Last week 65 new COVID-19 cases were detected. This week 59 New COVID-19 case were detected. (18 cases came in last Thursday… many after 4pm which changed the number from 56 to 65)
- Over the last week, Berrien County has seen an average of 8.4 new cases per day
- Currently there are 2 people in the hospital who have tested positive for COVID-19 and our hospital system is not overwhelmed.
- There have been no recent deaths related to COVID-19.
COVID cases for each day for every 1 million people.
- This past week our average new case rate is calculated to be 5.5 cases per 100,000 residents or 55 case per million residents
The percentage of positive COVID tests over a four-week period.
- 7 day % positivity = 3.35%
- 14 day % positivity = 3.11%
- 28 day % positivity = 3.07%
Health care capacity strength.
- Strong – Test turnaround times are quick, resources are available for testing, PPE is in supply, rooms are available
Testing, tracing and containment infrastructure with regard to COVID.
- Public health continues case investigation for all residents who are confirmed positive or identified as a probable case. Contact tracing continues for all person with exposure to a person known to have COVID-19.
- Public health nurses have been working closely with schools and parents to mitigate the risk of COVID-19 in school populations.
CDC Recommendations for Schools and Openings